Purification through the Five Wounds of Christ
It all started during Morning Prayer, when suddenly, a young woman felt promptings in her heart, as if God was suggesting to her that we should purify our 5 senses with the 5 wounds of Jesus, while reciting The Lord’s prayer.
Since our souls have been defiled and continue to be defiled by the impurities we allow to enter into our bodies that distort our minds, it is only fitting that we should purify them by meditating on the 5 sacred wounds of Jesus Christ on the Cross.
These promptings suggested that she pray 5 Our Fathers for the intention of purifying our senses and with each Our Father, to focus on each wound of Christ on the Cross to purify the senses one at a time.
But before anything else, she had to open her prayer by calling on the Holy Spirit.
Come Holy Spirit come. (rep. 3 times)
Oh Holy Spirit, soul of my soul, I adore thee.
Enlighten, guide, strengthen and console me.
Tell me what I ought to do and command me to do it.
I promise to be submissive in everything that thou shalt ask of me and to accept all that thou permittest to happen to me, only show me what is thy will.
- Envision the wounds of His hands on your eyes as you pray the 1st Our Father to cleanse the window of your soul that has seen so much evil and impurity.
- Then imagine His hands on your ears with the 2nd Our Father to purify all the filth you've listened to for so many years.
- Next, with the 3rd Our Father, see yourself at the wounds of His feet to purify your mouth and unruly tongue, then
- With the 4th Our Father, still at His feet to purify your sense of touch as you also feel with your lips and can thereby fall into sin.
- Lastly imagine yourself at the wound of His Sacred Heart as you pray the 5th Our Father to purify your sense of smell.
By your stripes we are healed and by your crown of thorns, our minds are sanctified. Thank You Jesus for the blood and water that gushed forth from Your Sacred Heart, as we are washed clean of all our sins. In Your Name we pray. Amen. Finalize your meditation with the prayer, Glory be to The Father and to The Son and to The Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen
Pray this everyday 3 times a day: 1st with your morning devotions, 2nd time at 1pm and the 3rd time in the evening before you sleep.
Just as a dentist recommends brushing our teeth 3 times a day to maintain a healthy mouth and beautiful smile, so should you pray 3 times to maintain a healthy soul; and we all know what happens when you don't brush your teeth. So don't let your soul rot. Keep it clean every day.